The payroll software will help you pay your full-time and full-time employees. The best payroll software should make simple and easy to calculate wages and pay employees through the preferred method, such as a direct deposit or printer check, as well as manage activities such as filing taxes.
Every small and medium business should see that payroll is an inevitable part of doing business. And when more than 40% of companies spend 1.5 hours/week or more on payroll, it’s no wonder they are looking for automation through efficient payroll software. With so many options available, which differ in ease of use, price, available tax documents, and state requirements, it can be challenging to know who will work for your business.
To help you find the best solution, we have thoroughly researched and created a collection of the best options for payroll software to have in 2019.
Intuit Payroll Software
Intuit Payroll is a powerful yet affordable payroll solution, available in three packages to meet different business needs and budgets. Each package has its limits, except for the excellent product, the full-service salary in which the software manages all salary and tax processes. With Intuit Payroll, businesses can quickly and easily pay their employees on time and accurately, without being absorbed in this process.
With Intuit Payroll, businesses now have a simple way to settle employee payments efficiently and accurately. Users can generate unlimited wages while automating payroll tax calculations and more. The system is also praised for its first-class support by living experts.
Features of Intuit Payroll
- Intuitive pay functionality
- Simply enter the time required to create the salary
- Direct deposit settings
- Wage taxation forms
- Tax declaration with an assisted payment plan
- It integrates perfectly with QuickBooks
- Excellent customer service.
- Various pay functions, including direct deposit settings
- No accounting experience is required
- No free trial for assisted compensation plans
- It may not be a viable solution for businesses with fewer than ten employees.
Gusto Payroll Software
Gusto is one of the popular online payment options, allowing users to authenticate from anywhere using a web browser or mobile device. Its payroll capabilities include direct deposits, deductions and deposits, W-2, and 1099. It also includes additional human resources functions, such as compensation management, incorporation, and leisure monitoring.
There are three plans available for Gusto, which depend on the set of features your business needs. The advanced features available on the upper floors include authorizations, incorporation functions, free time requests, and an employee survey manager.
- Direct deposit and checks
- Pre-tax health benefits
- Deductions and foreclosures
- Holidays and sick days
- Tax calculations and payments
- Automatic tax return
- Reports of new employees
- Collaborates in payroll management
- Wage reports
- Life support
- Employee account
- Pension plans
- Employee compensation
- Human resources support
- Accessible from any device
- 24/7 access to your salary
- 256 bit SSL security
- Easy to use and navigate
- The customer service is friendly and helpful.
- Reports are clear and concise.
- It effortless and does everything necessary to perform the vital administrative tasks of your business.
- Gusto is exceptional. It integrates with any accounting and time control software. This greatly facilitates the execution of pay.
- Employees have access to their gusto accounts and can change their personal information and see the payment in their calendar.
- Improvement in quick customer service will be a plus
QuickBooks is one of the most popular small business accounting solutions on the market. Perfect for small businesses, QuickBooks offers an introductory accounting solution with a few packages that provide essential inventory management tools. However, as with any system, choosing QuickBooks has advantages and disadvantages compared to other introductory solutions. You may have noticed, interestingly, that some professionals are equally against it. The mileage seems to vary considerably. However, in summary, here are the generally accepted pros and cons of QuickBooks:
The features of QuickBooks payroll service
- Payroll updates: These payroll updates contain the latest and most accurate rates and calculations for national and federal tax tables, wage tax forms, and payment options for electronic and non-electronic files.
- Create wages: Create payment packages with automatic tax calculations. Print and deliver to employees. Note: nominal user fees may apply.
- Direct deposit for employees: You have the possibility of depositing the payment packages of your employees directly in the current or savings account of your employees. Note: Nominal transmission charges may apply for each transaction and pays. See the requirements for direct deposit, registration, and activation
- Direct deposit for 1099 entrepreneurs: Direct deposit of 1099 contractors gives QuickBooks Payroll customers the ability to send direct deposits to 1099 independent contractors. Note: nominal check fees may apply. See registration and configuration of direct deposits for independent entrepreneurs
- Workforce: QuickBooks Workforce is a website that allows employers to provide employees with 24/7 online access to their salary information. There is no proof of payment and delivery by email every day of payment or replacement of lost or damaged proof of payment. Employees can simply log into the QuickBooks Workforce account and view current or previous payment receipts.
- Federal forms: With Quickbooks Standard Payroll and Enhanced Payroll, QuickBooks Desktop automatically fills in the latest W-2, 94x, 1099/1096, and other governmental forms. With a few clicks, you can print forms on QuickBooks Desktop and send them to the appropriate federal agencies. With Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, Intuit files pay you a fee.
- Statutory forms: With an improved payroll, QuickBooks Desktop automatically fills in the latest forms of state taxation. QuickBooks Desktop will guide you through the processing of forms and help you comply with national regulations. With the assisted salary, Intuit deposits and pays you taxes.
- E-pay and E-file: You can configure the method for sending federal and state forms to the E file. Instead of printing and sending email forms, send them electronically to the appropriate agencies in QuickBooks Desktop. Also, you can configure the payment method for scheduled federal and state E-Pay tax payments and quickly pay the proper tax agencies in QuickBooks Desktop. It is available on Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll and only in certain states.
- There are no tax sanctions: There are no penalties with Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted: if the data provided is accurate, timely, and your account is sufficiently funded, the salary deposit and tax records will be convenient and correct,
- Quick books are easy to use, well known, and affordable. Suitable for small businesses. Having online was a necessity. Plus, having a connection to your bank accounts is excellent.
- Easy to navigate
- Steps are readily available online
- Very clean accounting software
- Various applications can connect to its Cloud-based. You can connect from anywhere.
- This software is straightforward to use and facilitates training. A ton of features makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reports are impressive and easy to create custom reports.
- One of its major disadvantages is that the IPM transition had to be done manually.
- Multiple deposits cannot be opened, and consolidated financial statements cannot be easily created to include numerous courts.
- Some users claimed that some reports might be lost on the conversion of desktops, but Intuit is continuously working on improving the software.
- Good internet access is required to use the product.
- A granular use authorization is required to access security.